- Over the past six years, we have trained over 64,000 educators through 3,200 Population Education workshops.
- Of these, 2,200 were pre-service workshops on 325 college and university campuses around the United States.
The Workshop Experience*
- 4 out of 5 teachers rank Population Education workshops superior to other professional development they’ve attended with respect to content, usefulness, handouts and presentation quality.
How teachers rank Population Education workshops in comparison to other professional development.
Using Population Education in the Classroom*
- 97% of Population Education workshop attendees rated the demonstrated materials as Excellent/Good.
- 95% of workshop participants plan to use Population Education activities in their classrooms.
- 90% of participants feel that Population Education materials have "Good" or "Excellent" alignment with their required teaching standards.
- 9 out of 10 teachers found that Population Education materials effectively engaged their students.
- 85% of teachers saw Population Education materials increase their students’ critical thinking and/or problem solving skills.
- 93% of teachers saw an increase in their students’ awareness of population issues after sharing Population Education lessons in their classrooms.
- 4 out of 5 teachers discovered a change in their students’ thinking regarding population growth after presenting Population Education materials.
*Survey results from 2013 and 2014 workshop participants (1,555). The survey was administered 12-24 months after attending a Population Education workshop.